Motor Vehicle Permits
All vehicles entering any MetroPark of Butler County are required to display a valid Motor Vehicle Permit (MVP.) Permits are FREE for Butler County residents. Non-Butler County residents can purchase a $10 annual permit, which is valid January 1st through December 31st of each year, or a $5 daily permit.
Butler County Residents:
- MVPs are available at no cost to Butler County Residents.
- For your convenience, resident MVPs are valid for two years with the current permit expiring December 31, 2020.
- Residents must be 16 years of age, provide proof of residency, and fill out a short form
Proof of Residency:
Accepted documents for proof of residency are a valid Driver's License, State ID, Vehicle Registration, License Plate, or utility bill with address of record located in Butler County.
Non-Butler County Residents:
Non-Butler County residents can access all parks and support MetroParks of Butler County by purchasing a $10 annual permit or a $5 daily permit.
Ways Non-Butler County Residents Can Obtain an MVP:
- $5 Daily Permits can be purchased at the park.
- US Residents can purchase an annual permit online
- International Residents can purchase an annual permit by calling the MetroParks' Administrative office at 513.867.5835 Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. EST.
- Permits purchased on-line or over the phone will be mailed to the customer's address. The emailed receipt along with an I.D. can be used for admittance to MetroParks until the mailed permit is received.
- MVPs can also be purchased during normal business hours at the MetroParks' Administrative office located at 2051 Timberman Road in Hamilton and the Voice of America MetroParks' Welcome Center (or seasonally at the VOA Wheelhouse) located at 7850 VOA Park Drive in West Chester.
- Additionally, MVPs can be purchased at park programs from park rangers, programming staff or from Information Booths, when staffed, at the entrances of Elk Creek MetroPark Sebald Park Area, Voice of America MetroPark and Rentschler Forest MetroPark.
- When attending athletic events at Voice of America MetroPark, weekend passes can be exchanged in person for an annual permit (valid for the same year) at the VOA Welcome Center.
- Motor Vehicle Permits are non-refundable.
Find answers to Frequently Asked Questions.
Voice of America MetroPark Vision Plan Input OpportunitiesDon't miss the opportunity to share your thoughts! MetroParks' Park Planning Staff will be present at many upcoming events to gather your input on the Voice of America MetroPark Vision Plan. Please see the "News" Section for locations, dates & times!
3/1/19 CLOSED - North Paddock of Wiggly Field Dog Park at Voice of America MetroParkThe North Paddock of Wiggly Field Dog Park at Voice of America MetroPark is temporarily closed due to construction, until re-opened by order of the Executive Director. Please, visit "NEWS" for more information on this closure.
2/26/19 CLOSED - Stander PreserveStander Preserve in Reily Township is closed and shall remain closed until further notice. Please, visit the "NEWS" section for more information regarding this closure.
2/6/19 CLOSED - Sycamore Bluffs PreserveEntire parcel of real property now known as Sycamore Bluffs Preserve, including parking area adjacent to Four Mile Creek, is closed to the public effective February 6, 2019, and shall remain closed until further notice due to upcoming bridge construction work by Butler County. Please, visit our "news" section for more information regarding this closure.
12/20/18 Partial Closure of Pumpkin Vine Trail of Rentschler Forest MetroParkA portion of the Pumpkin Vine Trail of Rentschler Forest MetroPark is closed to park visitors due to upcoming sewer line work by the Butler County Water and Sewer Department, effective December 20, 2018, until re-opened by the Executive Director. Please check the NEWS section of this website for more details regarding this closure.
We offer a periodic newsletter with information about upcoming events and programs.
Create Family fun
MetroParks provides opportunities to experience open green spaces near home. Pick the time of day that fits your busy schedule to spend some time with nature. Hike a trail, wander through natural habitats, view wildlife or just play! Please consider donating to further MetroParks ability to provide these resources.