Motor Vehicle Permits
All vehicles entering any MetroPark of Butler County are required to display a valid Motor Vehicle Permit (MVP.) Permits are FREE for Butler County residents. Non-Butler County residents can purchase a $10 annual permit, which is valid January 1st through December 31st of each year, or a $5 daily permit.
Butler County Residents:
- MVPs are available at no cost to Butler County Residents.
- For your convenience, resident MVPs are valid for two years with the current permit expiring December 31, 2018.
- Residents must be 16 years of age, provide proof of residency, and fill out a short form
Proof of Residency:
Accepted documents for proof of residency are a valid Driver's License, State ID, Vehicle Registration, License Plate, or utility bill with address of record located in Butler County.
Non-Butler County Residents:
Non-Butler County residents can access all parks and support MetroParks of Butler County by purchasing a $10 annual permit or a $5 daily permit.
Ways Non-Butler County Residents Can Obtain an MVP:
- $5 Daily Permits can be purchased at the park.
- US Residents can purchase an annual permit online
- International Residents can purchase an annual permit by calling the MetroParks' Administrative office at 513.867.5835 Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. EST.
- Permits purchased on-line or over the phone will be mailed to the customer's address. The emailed receipt along with an I.D. can be used for admittance to MetroParks until the mailed permit is received.
- MVPs can also be purchased during normal business hours at the MetroParks' Administrative office located at 2051 Timberman Road in Hamilton and the Voice of America MetroParks' Welcome Center (or seasonally at the VOA Wheelhouse) located at 7850 VOA Park Drive in West Chester.
- Additionally, MVPs can be purchased at park programs from park rangers, programming staff or from Information Booths, when staffed, at the entrances of Elk Creek MetroPark Sebald Park Area, Voice of America MetroPark and Rentschler Forest MetroPark.
- When attending athletic events at Voice of America MetroPark, weekend passes can be exchanged in person for an annual permit (valid for the same year) at the VOA Welcome Center.
- Motor Vehicle Permits are non-refundable.
Find answers to Frequently Asked Questions.
Great Miami River Trail ClosureThe section of the Great Miami River Trail path between the State Route 122 Bridge at Bicentennial Commons, continuing just north of the new River Center construction site will be closed. Contractors will be installing the entrance and utilities for the River Center, which is projected to open in June 2018. This section of the trail will be closed until further notice for the safety of our park customer/owners. Thank you for your patience during while we bring improvements to your park system!
We offer a periodic newsletter with information about upcoming events and programs.
Create Family fun
MetroParks provides opportunities to experience open green spaces near home. Pick the time of day that fits your busy schedule to spend some time with nature. Hike a trail, wander through natural habitats, view wildlife or just play! Please consider donating to further MetroParks ability to provide these resources.