Updated March 23, 2021
WHAT'S NEW IN 2021 RELATIVE TO THE PANDEMIC?
The great news is that throughout the pandemic all MetroParks of Butler County parks, normally open to Park Customer/Owners, have been open and available for enjoyment! Parks have been consistently documented as a potent force for well-being and quoted as a place to find the nature that provides benefits in both physical and mental health.
During this crisis people have turned to MetroParks of Butler County like never before - for fresh air, exercise, meditation, and a sense of peace. The park system, in 2020, welcomed well over 1 million unique visitor occurrences. What is particularly interesting is that this number came from just a few of the parks within the park system that have vehicle traffic counters. The number of people in the parks is likely significantly much higher.
MetroParks looks forward to seeing you continue to visit the parks and enjoy them!
IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW TO HELP YOU PLAN YOUR NEXT OUTING AT A METROPARK-
- All parks remain open from 8 a.m. until dark for your enjoyment! LOG OFF...SHUT DOWN...GET OUTSIDE!
- All playgrounds are open for play!
- Shelters are available for rental, by calling 513-867-5835 for groups of 10 or less beginning August 1, 2020.
- At this time all indoor reservable facilities, including the Ronald Reagan Lodge are still not accepting reservations or holding events in 2021.
- MetroParks Voice of America MetroPark Athletic Complex is open and is being utilized as permitted.
- Refreshments will once again be available at the UC Health-West Chester Hospital Fieldhouse, located at the Voice of America MetroPark Athletic Complex, during tournament play in April 2021.
- The Practice Fields at Voice of America MetroPark and the Line Hill Area of Renstschler Forest MetroPark, can be reserved and rented for training as defined by required safety protocols outlined by the Ohio Department of Health. The fields at the Athletic Complex at Voice of America MetroPark may also be reserved and rented for training. Reservations for field use must be coordinated with MetroParks Visitors Services at 513-867-5835.
- Once weather temperatures permit all modern restrooms and Portalets are available at each park location.
- Once weather temperatures permit all drinking fountains are re-opened, including the water that is accessible at the dog park, "Wiggly Field", at Voice of America MetroPark.
- Motor Vehicle Permits are once again required to enter MetroParks. Motor Vehicle Permits (MVPs) are always available at NO COST to Butler County Residents, with proof of residency.
- Non-Resident MVPs are $8 daily/$15 Annually.
- At this time Motor Vehicle Permits are available at MetroParks Administrative Office, located at 2051 Timberman Road, Hamilton, OH 45013, Monday-Friday from 10 am until 2 pm. They are also available from booth attendants when booths are manned and/or from any MetroPark Ranger. Beginning in early April 2021 they will also be available at the Voice of America MetroPark Welcome Center located at 7850 VOA Park Drive, West Chester, OH. in the breezeway of the Ronald Reagan Lodge.
- Fishing permits will be collected in 2021 to fish in the northern most pay lake at Voice of America MetroPark. Permits will be available for purchase at the Welcome Center at Voice of America MetroPark. .
- At this time the bait machine located in the breezeway at Voice of America MetroPark will not be stocked. The park system will continue to evaluate our ability to stock the bait machine as the year progresses.
- At this time Wheelhouse rentals of paddleboats, stand up paddleboards, and kayaks will remain unavailable in 2021.
- Fees for Hand carried watercraft normally charged will continue to be waived during 2021.
- Virtual programming and activities is still being offered on MetroParks website by MetroParks Park Connections staff. Watch our Daily Virtual Programming Videos on FaceBook or our website at this this link: https://www.yourmetroparks.net/log-off.-shut-down.-get-outside
- Programming is now being offered in groups sizes that comply with current mandates and best practices. Prior Registration is required for participation in these programs. Please check MetroParks website for upcoming program offerings. Click on the following link to view the programs being offered : http://reservations.yourmetroparks.net/programs/
- Select campsites will be available again for rental at Dry Fork Campground located at Governor Bebb MetroPark. In compliance with State orders camping is limited to household units of 10 people or fewer. No congregating with neighboring campers will be permitted. Firewood must to be purchased from MetroParks prior to arrival. Reservations can be coordinated with MetroParks Visitors Services at 513-867-5835.
- MetroParks Administration Office, located at 2051 Timberman Rd., Hamilton, OH 45013 is open to the public Monday - Friday, 10:00 am-2:00 pm.
- Social Distancing while in a MetroPark - The importance of social distancing while in the park is still key to preventing the spread of COVID-19. Keep a minimum of 6 feet between yourself and others not from your household while in the park and elsewhere. Keep groups to a party of 10 people or less and utilize social distance guidelines. Don't forget to wash your hands frequently or use hand sanitizer.
- Overcrowded Park Areas
For the health and safety of you and your family, leave overcrowded park areas. Choose a less visited park or park area instead. Concerns about overcrowded park areas can be reported to a Ranger with the Metroparks Division of Public Safety at DPS-LE@yourmetroparks.net
MetroParks Statement Regarding Coronavirus COVID-19
While vaccinations have begun and the numbers of Covid cases are declining MetroParks of Butler County continues to place its highest priority to keep park properties open, clean and safe.
In order to do our part to provide access to our parks, while ensuring the health, safety, and well-being of those we serve, MetroParks will continue to follow the Governor's orders and those of the Butler County Health Department as they impact our programs and facilities.
Resources for more general information about COVID-19
Click on the links below:
Ohio State Department of Health
Butler County Health Department
We offer a periodic newsletter with information about upcoming events and programs.
Create Family fun
MetroParks provides opportunities to experience open green spaces near home. Pick the time of day that fits your busy schedule to spend some time with nature. Hike a trail, wander through natural habitats, view wildlife or just play! Please consider donating to further MetroParks ability to provide these resources.