Log Off... Shut Down... Get Outside!
No two snowflakes are exactly the same! And neither are homemade versions. Spend some time creating your own snowflakes with these craft ideas. Compare them to those created by your family members and use them all to add seasonal decorations to your home!
Square piece of Paper
Printable Templates ** - optional
1) Make a triangle with the paper by folding it in half
2) Fold the triangle in half again by joining the pointed corners
3) Fold the triangle in thirds by overlapping the lefthand point over the triangle and repeat with rigthhand point
4) Holding the paper with the single pointed end down, make one cut at an angle to take off both top points
5) Cut out various shapes from the folded edges without cutting all the way across
6) Gently unfold the paper to reveal your unique snowflake
** Search the internet for printable templates
Printable Snowflake on cardstock
*Use the link below or draw your own
1) Print the snowflake Template
2) Trace the snowflake outline with glue
3) Sprinkle salt on glue
4) Shake off the excess salt
5) Cut the snowflake out or color the space around it
We offer a periodic newsletter with information about upcoming events and programs.
Create Family fun
MetroParks provides opportunities to experience open green spaces near home. Pick the time of day that fits your busy schedule to spend some time with nature. Hike a trail, wander through natural habitats, view wildlife or just play! Please consider donating to further MetroParks ability to provide these resources.