Rentschler Forest MetroPark
Reigart Road Area
- The Cummins Shelter at 5701 Reigart Road is a reservable picnic shelter that will accommodate groups of up to 50 people and is located along the Great Miami River, surrounded by plenty of field area for family or group games and activities.
- It is near parking, a large playground area, a water fountain, and the Stone House Restroom.
- This shelter is handicap accessible with a paved walkway and includes a grill and approximately 6 picnic tables.
- The Riverview Shelter at 5701 Reigart Road is a reservable picnic shelter that will accommodate groups of up to 50 people and is located on the edge of the Great Miami River with a wonderful, scenic view.
- This shelter is located at the bottom of a grassy slope and may not be accessible to some.
- There is no paved walkway to the shelter and it is not handicap accessible.
- This shelter includes a grill and approximately 6 picnic tables.
- It is located near parking and within walking distance of the large playground area, a water fountain and the Stone House Restroom.
H.F. Walsh Shelter
- The H.F. Walsh Shelter at 5701 Reigart Road is a reservable picnic shelter nestled among the trees in the upper portion of Rentschler Forest MetroPark.
- It is located next to a small playground area and hiking trails.
- This shelter accommodates groups of up to 50 people and includes a grill and approximately 6 picnic tables.
- There is a water fountain and non-flush restroom located nearby.
- This site is ideal for families or groups with small children who do not want to be too close to the water's edge.
- The shelter is on flat ground, but has no paved path.
G.E. Condo Shelter
- The G.E. Condo Shelter at 5701 Reigart Road is a reservable picnic shelter that will accommodate groups of up to 50 people and includes a grill and approximately 6 picnic tables.
- The shelter is nestled among the trees in the upper portion of the park.
- There is a paved walkway to the shelter making it handicap accessible.
- A small playground area is located within walking distance.
- The shelter is located near parking, a water fountain, and portable non-flush restroom.
- When reserved, there will be a “Reserved” sign on the shelter indicating that the shelter has been reserved for the day.
- Shelter reservations are daily from 8am to dusk.
- Upon departure, please leave the shelter and park area clean and all garbage placed in containers provided. (Visitors may want to bring extra trash bags.)
- All vehicles must park in designated parking spaces.
- Dogs are allowed, but must be kept on a leash no longer than 6’ in length. Please clean up after your pets.
- NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES are permitted in the park.
- Trail maps can be found on the website by selecting MetroParks – Rentschler Forest MetroPark.
- Fishing is permitted with a valid Ohio Fishing License.
- Use of firearms and fireworks is strictly prohibited in all areas of the park.
- Motor Vehicle Permit required. FREE to Butler County Residents. Non-Residents $5/daily or $10 annually. A Group Motor Vehicle Permit for non-Butler County residents can be purchased in advance with your reservation for $25.
The City of Middletown Begins Repairs on the Great Miami River Trail Today - October 17, 2019 todayThe City of Middletown will begin pavement repairs on sections of the Great Miami River Trail (GMRT) today. The repair work may cause intermittent closures of these sections over the next couple of weeks. As you plan your next walking, biking, or running trip on the GMRT , please look to MetroParks website to find daily updates regarding the specific areas that are closed.
Elk Creek MetroPark - Sebald Park Area and Meadow Ridge Area Will Have Daily Closures for MetroParks Controlled Bow Hunting ProgramBefore heading out to Elk Creek MetroPark for a visit to the Sebald Park Area or the Meadow Ridge Area, please note that the parks will be closed to the public between the hours of 8 am until noon each day during 2019-2020 hunting season. As a part of the park system’s Wildlife Management Program a controlled Bow Hunting program will be held during these hours to control the over population of white-tailed deer in these areas. After noon each day the park will be OPEN & READY for YOU! MetroParks appreciates your patience during this time. Hunting Season is from September 28, 2019 – February 2, 2020.
The Pumpkin Vine Trail of Rentschler Forest MetroPark Re-Opened -September 17, 2019The Pumpkin Vine Trail of Rentschler Forest MetroPark, Reigart Road Area, which had been closed to park customer/owners and visitors due to sewer line work since late December has been re-opened effective immediately. MetroParks thanks you for your patience as the work was completed. Have Fun on the trail!
3/1/19 CLOSED - North Paddock of Wiggly Field Dog Park at Voice of America MetroParkThe North Paddock of Wiggly Field Dog Park at Voice of America MetroPark is temporarily closed due to construction, until re-opened by order of the Executive Director. Please, visit "NEWS" for more information on this closure.
2/26/19 CLOSED - Stander PreserveStander Preserve in Reily Township is closed and shall remain closed until further notice. Please, visit the "NEWS" section for more information regarding this closure.
2/6/19 CLOSED - Sycamore Bluffs PreserveEntire parcel of real property now known as Sycamore Bluffs Preserve, including parking area adjacent to Four Mile Creek, is closed to the public effective February 6, 2019, and shall remain closed until further notice due to upcoming bridge construction work by Butler County. Please, visit our "news" section for more information regarding this closure.
We offer a periodic newsletter with information about upcoming events and programs.
Create Family fun
MetroParks provides opportunities to experience open green spaces near home. Pick the time of day that fits your busy schedule to spend some time with nature. Hike a trail, wander through natural habitats, view wildlife or just play! Please consider donating to further MetroParks ability to provide these resources.