Dry Fork Pedestrian Bridge Construction Fall 2022-Winter 2023Construction has begun on the Dry Fork Pedestrian Bridge at Governor Bebb MetroPark. Construction may necessitate the closure of some campsites in the Dry Fork Campground at Governor Bebb. If you have any questions about campsite closures, please contact MetroParks Visitor Services team at (513) 867-5835 or email@example.com.
Rentschler Forest MetroPark
Reigart Road Area
- The Cummins Shelter at 5701 Reigart Road is a reservable picnic shelter that will accommodate groups of up to 50 people and is located along the Great Miami River, surrounded by plenty of field area for family or group games and activities.
- It is near parking, a large playground area, a water fountain, and the Stone House Restroom.
- This shelter is handicap accessible with a paved walkway and includes a grill and approximately 6 picnic tables.
- The Riverview Shelter at 5701 Reigart Road is a reservable picnic shelter that will accommodate groups of up to 50 people and is located on the edge of the Great Miami River with a wonderful, scenic view.
- This shelter is located at the bottom of a grassy slope and may not be accessible to some.
- There is no paved walkway to the shelter and it is not handicap accessible.
- This shelter includes a grill and approximately 6 picnic tables.
- It is located near parking and within walking distance of the large playground area, a water fountain and the Stone House Restroom.
H.F. Walsh Shelter
- The H.F. Walsh Shelter at 5701 Reigart Road is a reservable picnic shelter nestled among the trees in the upper portion of Rentschler Forest MetroPark.
- It is located next to a small playground area and hiking trails.
- This shelter accommodates groups of up to 50 people and includes a grill and approximately 6 picnic tables.
- There is a water fountain and non-flush restroom located nearby.
- This site is ideal for families or groups with small children who do not want to be too close to the water's edge.
- The shelter is on flat ground, but has no paved path.
G.E. Condo Shelter
- The G.E. Condo Shelter at 5701 Reigart Road is a reservable picnic shelter that will accommodate groups of up to 50 people and includes a grill and approximately 6 picnic tables.
- The shelter is nestled among the trees in the upper portion of the park.
- There is a paved walkway to the shelter making it handicap accessible.
- A small playground area is located within walking distance.
- The shelter is located near parking, a water fountain, and portable non-flush restroom.
- When reserved, there will be a “Reserved” sign on the shelter indicating that the shelter has been reserved for the day.
- Shelter reservations are daily from 8am to dusk.
- Upon departure, please leave the shelter and park area clean and all garbage placed in containers provided. (Visitors may want to bring extra trash bags.)
- All vehicles must park in designated parking spaces.
- Dogs are allowed, but must be kept on a leash no longer than 6’ in length. Please clean up after your pets.
- NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES are permitted in the park.
- Trail maps can be found on the website by selecting MetroParks – Rentschler Forest MetroPark.
- Fishing is permitted with a valid Ohio Fishing License.
- Use of firearms and fireworks is strictly prohibited in all areas of the park.
- Facility Reservations
- Picnic Shelters
- Rentschler Forest MetroPark
Create Family fun
MetroParks provides opportunities to experience open green spaces near home. Pick the time of day that fits your busy schedule to spend some time with nature. Hike a trail, wander through natural habitats, view wildlife or just play! Please consider donating to further MetroParks ability to provide these resources.