Governor Bebb MetroPark
- The Howe Picnic Shelter is located in the upper portion of the park near Group Camp Site A.
- The facility will accommodate approximately 50 people and is equipped with 6 picnic tables and a grill.
- There is a (non-flush) restroom and swing set located nearby, and a larger composting restroom located in the lower campground area.
- No electric or water are provided at this shelter, but non-potable water is available outside the Park Manager’s office. It is recommended the visitors bring their own drinking water.
- A large playground is also located in this park on the way to the lower campground area, and is not next to the shelter.
- Shelter reservations are daily from 8am to dusk.
- When reserved, there will be a “Reserved” sign on the shelter indicating that the shelter has been reserved for the day.
- Upon departure, please leave the shelter and park area clean and all garbage placed in containers provided. (Visitors may want to bring extra trash bags.)
- All vehicles must park in designated parking spaces.
- Dogs are allowed, but must be kept on a leash no longer than 6’ in length. Please clean up after your pets.
- NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES are permitted in the park.
- Trail maps can be downloaded from the web site by selecting: Parks – Gov. Bebb MetroPark - View Trail Map.
- Fishing is permitted with a valid Ohio Fishing License.
- Use of firearms and fireworks is strictly prohibited in all areas of the park.
- Motor Vehicle Permit required. FREE to Butler County Residents. Non-Residents $5/daily or $10 annually. A Group Motor Vehicle Permit for non-Butler County residents can be purchased in advance with your reservation for $25.
Mud Mania Attire NoticePark customer/owners and event guests planning on attending the 12th Annual Mud Mania this weekend (August 10th-12th) will need to wear articles of clothing that do NOT contain any metal. This includes: buttons, zippers, chains, etc. In addition, if a park customer/owner or event guest plans to utilize the water slide, they must NOT have keys, knives or any other item on them that may tear the tarp needed to provide a safe and fun experience. Please, also keep in mind that proper footwear is required (no flip-flops).
Closure of Forest Run MetroPark - Timberman Ridge Area for Trail ConstructionPlease check the NEWS section of this website for more details regarding this closure which begins August 13, 2018 until the area is re-opened by the Executive Director.
Pumpkin Vine Trail Closure - Rentschler Forest MetroPark -Reigart Road AreaDue to heavy rains, a .35 mile section of the Pumpkin Vine Trail has been washed-out , deemed unsafe for passage, and closed at the Reigart Road Area of Rentschler Forest MetroPark, located at , 5701 Reigart Road, Fairfield Township OH 45011. Barriers and signage are in place and indicate an alternate route for passage; however, until repairs have occurred this section of trail will remain closed. Thank you for your patience as MetroParks staff works to make the necessary repairs.
Great Miami River Trail ClosureThe section of the Great Miami River Trail path between the State Route 122 Bridge at Bicentennial Commons, continuing just north of the new River Center construction site will be closed. Contractors will be installing the entrance and utilities for the River Center, which is projected to open in June 2018. This section of the trail will be closed until further notice for the safety of our park customer/owners. Thank you for your patience during while we bring improvements to your park system!
We offer a periodic newsletter with information about upcoming events and programs.
Create Family fun
MetroParks provides opportunities to experience open green spaces near home. Pick the time of day that fits your busy schedule to spend some time with nature. Hike a trail, wander through natural habitats, view wildlife or just play! Please consider donating to further MetroParks ability to provide these resources.