Playgrounds are important tools in kids social, cognitive and physical development. But our favorite part about playgrounds is...they're fun! Find your new favorite MetroParks playground today.
- Chrisholm MetroPark's Nature Playscape opened in 2019 and features a more natural play experience with wood structures, a sandbox and small slide.
- Shaded areas, benches, a parking lot and a composting restroom are located nearby.
- The Chrisholm Shelter and the Augspurger House are within walking distance from the playground.
Forest Run MetroPark-Timberman Ridge Area
- The playground at the Timberman Ridge Area of Forest Run MetroPark opened to the public in 2023.
- The playground is located next to the Kestrel Shelter with easy access to water fountains, portable toilets and the main parking lot.
Gov. Bebb MetroPark
- The Governor Bebb MetroPark playground is located within walking distance from both Pioneer Village and the Dry Fork Campground.
- The playground has convenient parking, benches and access to shaded areas and portable toilets.
- A small swing set is also available next to the Howe Shelter.
Rentschler Forest MetroPark
- The lower playground at Reigart Road Area of Rentschler Forest MetroPark was awarded "Best in Butler County" by the Hamilton Journal-News in 2023!
- A parking lot, picnic tables, shaded areas and benches are all located close to the play equipment.
- The lower playground is also within walking distance from flush restrooms, drinking fountains and the Cummins and Riverview shelters.
- The upper playground is conveniently located close to the H.F. Walsh and G. E. Condo shelters at the top of the park in a quiet, shady area.
Indian Creek MetroPark
- The Indian Creek MetroPark playground can be accessed via the park's Springfield Road Entrance.
- The playground is located in a shady area with convenient parking and benches close to the playground.
- The Mayer Picnic Shelter and portable toilets are within walking distance from the playground.
Forest Run MetroPark-Wildlife Preserve Area
- The Forest Run MetroPark's Wildlife Preserve Area playground has shade structures, picnic tables and benches nearby.
- Portable toilets are located near the main parking lot.
Sebald Park Area
- The largest playground at the Sebald Area of Elk Creek MetroPark is located across from Shelter 7.
- Two smaller playboosters are located between Shelters 2 and 3 and next to Shelter 6.
- Shaded areas and/or shelters with benches, paved parking areas and portable toilets can be found throughout the park.
Voice of America MetroPark
- The Voice of America MetroPark playground is MetroParks' largest playground in the county.
- Shade structures, flush restrooms, water fountains, parking areas and VOA Lake access are all located nearby.
- The playground is within walking distance from the Gazebo, Lodge and concession areas.
Create Family fun
MetroParks provides opportunities to experience open green spaces near home. Pick the time of day that fits your busy schedule to spend some time with nature. Hike a trail, wander through natural habitats, view wildlife or just play! Please consider donating to further MetroParks ability to provide these resources.