Part of Forest Run MetroPark
Timberman Ridge Picnic Shelter
- The shelter located at 1976 Timberman Road is equipped with electrical outlets, picnic tables and a grill and can accommodate groups of approximately 50 people.
- The gravel parking area near the shelter consists of 16 standard parking spaces & 2 handicap parking spaces, but there is no paved walkway.
- This park does not have a playground.
- A water fountain near the shelter is available seasonally.
- Restroom facilities nearby consist of 2 portable toilets, one handicap accessible.
- When reserved, there will be a “Reserved” sign on the shelter indicating that the shelter has been reserved for the day.
- Shelter reservations are daily from 8am to dusk.
- Upon departure, please leave shelter clean and all garbage placed in containers provided. (Visitors may want to bring extra trash bags.)
- Fishing is permitted with a valid Ohio Fishing License and all ponds are catch and release.
- All vehicles must park in designated parking spaces.
- Dogs are allowed, but must be kept on a leash, no longer than 6’ in length. Please clean up after your pet.
- No Alcoholic beverages are permitted in the park.
- Trail maps can be found on the website by selecting MetroParks – Forest Run MetroPark - Timberman Ridge.
- Use of firearms and fireworks is strictly prohibited in all areas of the park.
- Motor Vehicle Permit required. FREE to Butler County Residents. Non-Residents $5/daily or $10 annually. A Group Motor Vehicle Permit for non-Butler County residents can be purchased in advance with your reservation for $25.
The City of Middletown Begins Repairs on the Great Miami River Trail Today - October 17, 2019 todayThe City of Middletown will begin pavement repairs on sections of the Great Miami River Trail (GMRT) today. The repair work may cause intermittent closures of these sections over the next couple of weeks. As you plan your next walking, biking, or running trip on the GMRT , please look to MetroParks website to find daily updates regarding the specific areas that are closed.
Elk Creek MetroPark - Sebald Park Area and Meadow Ridge Area Will Have Daily Closures for MetroParks Controlled Bow Hunting ProgramBefore heading out to Elk Creek MetroPark for a visit to the Sebald Park Area or the Meadow Ridge Area, please note that the parks will be closed to the public between the hours of 8 am until noon each day during 2019-2020 hunting season. As a part of the park system’s Wildlife Management Program a controlled Bow Hunting program will be held during these hours to control the over population of white-tailed deer in these areas. After noon each day the park will be OPEN & READY for YOU! MetroParks appreciates your patience during this time. Hunting Season is from September 28, 2019 – February 2, 2020.
The Pumpkin Vine Trail of Rentschler Forest MetroPark Re-Opened -September 17, 2019The Pumpkin Vine Trail of Rentschler Forest MetroPark, Reigart Road Area, which had been closed to park customer/owners and visitors due to sewer line work since late December has been re-opened effective immediately. MetroParks thanks you for your patience as the work was completed. Have Fun on the trail!
3/1/19 CLOSED - North Paddock of Wiggly Field Dog Park at Voice of America MetroParkThe North Paddock of Wiggly Field Dog Park at Voice of America MetroPark is temporarily closed due to construction, until re-opened by order of the Executive Director. Please, visit "NEWS" for more information on this closure.
2/26/19 CLOSED - Stander PreserveStander Preserve in Reily Township is closed and shall remain closed until further notice. Please, visit the "NEWS" section for more information regarding this closure.
2/6/19 CLOSED - Sycamore Bluffs PreserveEntire parcel of real property now known as Sycamore Bluffs Preserve, including parking area adjacent to Four Mile Creek, is closed to the public effective February 6, 2019, and shall remain closed until further notice due to upcoming bridge construction work by Butler County. Please, visit our "news" section for more information regarding this closure.
We offer a periodic newsletter with information about upcoming events and programs.
Create Family fun
MetroParks provides opportunities to experience open green spaces near home. Pick the time of day that fits your busy schedule to spend some time with nature. Hike a trail, wander through natural habitats, view wildlife or just play! Please consider donating to further MetroParks ability to provide these resources.