Part of Forest Run MetroPark
Timberman Ridge Picnic Shelter
- The shelter located at 1976 Timberman Road is equipped with electrical outlets, picnic tables and a grill and can accommodate groups of approximately 50 people.
- The gravel parking area near the shelter consists of 16 standard parking spaces & 2 handicap parking spaces, but there is no paved walkway.
- This park does not have a playground.
- A water fountain near the shelter is available seasonally.
- Restroom facilities nearby consist of 2 portable toilets, one handicap accessible.
- When reserved, there will be a “Reserved” sign on the shelter indicating that the shelter has been reserved for the day.
- Shelter reservations are daily from 8am to dusk.
- Upon departure, please leave shelter clean and all garbage placed in containers provided. (Visitors may want to bring extra trash bags.)
- Fishing is permitted with a valid Ohio Fishing License and all ponds are catch and release.
- All vehicles must park in designated parking spaces.
- Dogs are allowed, but must be kept on a leash, no longer than 6’ in length. Please clean up after your pet.
- No Alcoholic beverages are permitted in the park.
- Trail maps can be downloaded from our web site by selecting Parks – Forest Run MetroPark – Scroll to Timberman Ridge – Select View Trail Map.
- Use of firearms and fireworks is strictly prohibited in all areas of the park.
- Motor Vehicle Permit required. FREE to Butler County Residents. Non-Residents $5/daily or $10 annually. A Group Motor Vehicle Permit for non-Butler County residents can be purchased in advance with your reservation for $25.
Great Miami River Trail ClosureThe section of the Great Miami River Trail path between the State Route 122 Bridge at Bicentennial Commons, continuing just north of the new River Center construction site will be closed. Contractors will be installing the entrance and utilities for the River Center, which is projected to open in June 2018. This section of the trail will be closed until further notice for the safety of our park customer/owners. Thank you for your patience during while we bring improvements to your park system!
We offer a periodic newsletter with information about upcoming events and programs.
Create Family fun
MetroParks provides opportunities to experience open green spaces near home. Pick the time of day that fits your busy schedule to spend some time with nature. Hike a trail, wander through natural habitats, view wildlife or just play! Please consider donating to further MetroParks ability to provide these resources.