Part of Forest Run MetroPark
Timberman Ridge Picnic Shelter
- The shelter located at 1976 Timberman Road is equipped with electrical outlets, picnic tables and a grill and can accommodate groups of approximately 50 people.
- The gravel parking area near the shelter consists of 16 standard parking spaces & 2 handicap parking spaces, but there is no paved walkway.
- This park does not have a playground.
- A water fountain near the shelter is available seasonally.
- Restroom facilities nearby consist of 2 portable toilets, one handicap accessible.
- When reserved, there will be a “Reserved” sign on the shelter indicating that the shelter has been reserved for the day.
- Shelter reservations are daily from 8am to dusk.
- Upon departure, please leave shelter clean and all garbage placed in containers provided. (Visitors may want to bring extra trash bags.)
- Fishing is permitted with a valid Ohio Fishing License and all ponds are catch and release.
- All vehicles must park in designated parking spaces.
- Dogs are allowed, but must be kept on a leash, no longer than 6’ in length. Please clean up after your pet.
- No Alcoholic beverages are permitted in the park.
- Trail maps can be downloaded from our web site by selecting Parks – Forest Run MetroPark – Scroll to Timberman Ridge – Select View Trail Map.
- Use of firearms and fireworks is strictly prohibited in all areas of the park.
- Motor Vehicle Permit required. FREE to Butler County Residents. Non-Residents $5/daily or $10 annually. A Group Motor Vehicle Permit for non-Butler County residents can be purchased in advance with your reservation for $25.
Rentschler Forest Reigart Road Area Paving - 10/23-10/24/18Paving work will be taking place at Rentschler Forest MetroPark's Regiart Road Area from 10/23-10/24/18. While the park will remain open, 2 parking areas will be closed and some traffic delays may be expected. For more information and map of the areas affected please visit the News Section via the link below. https://www.yourmetroparks.net/news-alerts/article/2018/10/22/rentschler-forest-metropark-reigart-road-area-paving-work---10-23-10-24-2018
Closure of Forest Run MetroPark - Timberman Ridge Area for Trail ConstructionPlease check the NEWS section of this website for more details regarding this closure which begins August 13, 2018 until the area is re-opened by the Executive Director.
Pumpkin Vine Trail Closure - Rentschler Forest MetroPark -Reigart Road AreaDue to heavy rains, a .35 mile section of the Pumpkin Vine Trail has been washed-out , deemed unsafe for passage, and closed at the Reigart Road Area of Rentschler Forest MetroPark, located at , 5701 Reigart Road, Fairfield Township OH 45011. Barriers and signage are in place and indicate an alternate route for passage; however, until repairs have occurred this section of trail will remain closed. Thank you for your patience as MetroParks staff works to make the necessary repairs.
We offer a periodic newsletter with information about upcoming events and programs.
Create Family fun
MetroParks provides opportunities to experience open green spaces near home. Pick the time of day that fits your busy schedule to spend some time with nature. Hike a trail, wander through natural habitats, view wildlife or just play! Please consider donating to further MetroParks ability to provide these resources.