Part of Forest Run MetroPark
Timberman Ridge Picnic Shelter
- The shelter located at 1976 Timberman Road is equipped with electrical outlets, picnic tables and a grill and can accommodate groups of approximately 50 people.
- The gravel parking area near the shelter consists of 16 standard parking spaces & 2 handicap parking spaces, but there is no paved walkway.
- This park does not have a playground.
- A water fountain near the shelter is available seasonally.
- Restroom facilities nearby consist of 2 portable toilets, one handicap accessible.
- When reserved, there will be a “Reserved” sign on the shelter indicating that the shelter has been reserved for the day.
- Shelter reservations are daily from 8am to dusk.
- Upon departure, please leave shelter clean and all garbage placed in containers provided. (Visitors may want to bring extra trash bags.)
- Fishing is permitted with a valid Ohio Fishing License and all ponds are catch and release.
- All vehicles must park in designated parking spaces.
- Dogs are allowed, but must be kept on a leash, no longer than 6’ in length. Please clean up after your pet.
- No Alcoholic beverages are permitted in the park.
- Trail maps can be downloaded from our web site by selecting Parks – Forest Run MetroPark – Scroll to Timberman Ridge – Select View Trail Map.
- Use of firearms and fireworks is strictly prohibited in all areas of the park.
- Motor Vehicle Permit required. FREE to Butler County Residents. Non-Residents $5/daily or $10 annually. A Group Motor Vehicle Permit for non-Butler County residents can be purchased in advance with your reservation for $25.
2/20/19 CLOSED - Woodsdale Regional Park at Chrisholm MetroParkWoodsdale Regional Park at Chrisholm MetroPark is closed due to high water. Updates will be posted as the water recedes and clean-up is complete. Thank you for your patience!
2/15/19 Partial Closure - Drive of Chrisholm MetroPark's Historic Farmstead AreaThe following areas of the drive accessing the Historic Farmstead Area of Chrisholm MetroPark are temporarily closed: the parking lot North of the Augspurger House and the section of drive running North and East of the Augspurger House, past the cemetery. Please, visit our "NEWS" for more information and updates on this closure.
2/6/19 CLOSED - Sycamore Bluffs PreserveEntire parcel of real property now known as Sycamore Bluffs Preserve, including parking area adjacent to Four Mile Creek, is closed to the public effective February 6, 2019, and shall remain closed until further notice due to upcoming bridge construction work by Butler County. Please, visit our "news" section for more information regarding this closure.
2/21/19 CLOSED - Section of Great Miami River TrailThe area from the Columbia Trailhead south to the Trenton Trailhead is temporarily closed due to high water. Please, visit the "NEWS" section for more information on this closure. As a reminder, never approach high water areas with the thought that it might be safe to cross. Rapidly flowing water can be dangerous!
1/14/19 Intermittent Closures of Great Miami River TrailThere may be intermittent short-term closures of the Great Miami River Trail between Headgates Road and Rentschler Forest MetroPark starting Monday, January 14th for two weeks to allow for tree clearing work related to a Butler County Water and Sewer project.
12/20/18 Partial Closure of Pumpkin Vine Trail of Rentschler Forest MetroParkA portion of the Pumpkin Vine Trail of Rentschler Forest MetroPark is closed to park visitors due to upcoming sewer line work by the Butler County Water and Sewer Department, effective December 20, 2018, until re-opened by the Executive Director. Please check the NEWS section of this website for more details regarding this closure.
We offer a periodic newsletter with information about upcoming events and programs.
Create Family fun
MetroParks provides opportunities to experience open green spaces near home. Pick the time of day that fits your busy schedule to spend some time with nature. Hike a trail, wander through natural habitats, view wildlife or just play! Please consider donating to further MetroParks ability to provide these resources.