Historic Farmstead Area
- The first floor of the Augspurger house is available by reservation and with payment of a rental fee.
- The main floor can accommodate up to 64 people. Maximum occupancy is determined by the manner in which the room is to be used.
- The main room, the Parlor, is set up for use by organized groups and corporations for meetings, classes and seminars. It can also be used as a banquet facility and is available for personal activities such as small holiday parties, showers, birthday parties, intimate wedding receptions or family gatherings.
- The house is equipped with round or rectangle tables and chairs.
- The house restroom consists of a powder room and there is a composting restroom facility within walking distance across the open field area on the park grounds.
- The kitchen facilities include: microwave/convection oven, refrigerator, coffee maker, and sink.
Chrisholm Picnic Shelter
- The Chrisholm Picnic Shelter is a reservable shelter located behind the historic Augspurger House.
- It will accommodate groups of 75-80 people and has access to electric and water.
- This shelter is equipped with 12, 8 ft. picnic tables, 1 large 2-sided grill and a fire pit*.
- A composting restroom is located within walking distance of the shelter.
- The Rosemont Barn will accommodate 50-100 people and can be used for personal activities such as small holiday parties, showers, birthday parties, intimate wedding receptions or family gatherings.
- The barn has wood siding and beautiful rustic qualities including old Edison style string lights hanging from the ceiling and a metal roof.
- Upon arrival at the park, you may go directly to the barn and it will be unlocked and ready for use.
- The barn has electricity and ceiling fans, but no heat or air-conditioning.
- Guests must provide their own tables & chairs, table linens and table décor.
- Guests must also organize their own setup and cleanup of the property.
- Candles may be used if they are in an enclosed container.
- This is designated as a smoke-free facility. Smoking in any part of the barn area is prohibited.
- There is a very clean composting restroom facility within walking distance across the open field area on the park grounds.
- A farm themed Nature Playscape along with plenty of field area for games and activities are available.
- When reserved, there will be a “Reserved” sign on the shelter indicating that the shelter has been reserved for the day.
- Shelter reservations are daily from 8am to dusk.
- Upon departure, please leave area clean and all garbage placed in containers provided. (Visitors may want to bring extra trash bags.)
- Dogs are allowed but must be kept on a leash, no longer than 6’ in length. Please clean up after your pets.
- No Alcoholic beverages are permitted in this park.
- All vehicles must park in designated parking spaces. The parking area at Chrisholm currently consists of 28 parking spaces. There is additional parking at Woodsdale Park, located at 1917 Woodsdale Road.
- There may be other events scheduled at the same time as your event. Consequently, parking may be limited at times.
- Use of firearms and fireworks is strictly prohibited in all areas of the park.
- Invasive pests, such as the Emerald Ash Borer, can destroy our forests. To minimize this danger, movement of firewood in or out of all MetroParks is prohibited. Firewood must be purchased for $5/bundle from MetroParks by calling the Administrative Office at 513.867.5835 by noon on the Wednesday prior to your arrival.
- Motor Vehicle Permit required. FREE to Butler County Residents. Non-Residents $5/daily or $10 annually. A Group Motor Vehicle Permit for non-Butler County residents can be purchased in advance with your reservation for $25.
The City of Middletown Begins Repairs on the Great Miami River Trail Today - October 17, 2019 todayThe City of Middletown will begin pavement repairs on sections of the Great Miami River Trail (GMRT) today. The repair work may cause intermittent closures of these sections over the next couple of weeks. As you plan your next walking, biking, or running trip on the GMRT , please look to MetroParks website to find daily updates regarding the specific areas that are closed.
Elk Creek MetroPark - Sebald Park Area and Meadow Ridge Area Will Have Daily Closures for MetroParks Controlled Bow Hunting ProgramBefore heading out to Elk Creek MetroPark for a visit to the Sebald Park Area or the Meadow Ridge Area, please note that the parks will be closed to the public between the hours of 8 am until noon each day during 2019-2020 hunting season. As a part of the park system’s Wildlife Management Program a controlled Bow Hunting program will be held during these hours to control the over population of white-tailed deer in these areas. After noon each day the park will be OPEN & READY for YOU! MetroParks appreciates your patience during this time. Hunting Season is from September 28, 2019 – February 2, 2020.
The Pumpkin Vine Trail of Rentschler Forest MetroPark Re-Opened -September 17, 2019The Pumpkin Vine Trail of Rentschler Forest MetroPark, Reigart Road Area, which had been closed to park customer/owners and visitors due to sewer line work since late December has been re-opened effective immediately. MetroParks thanks you for your patience as the work was completed. Have Fun on the trail!
3/1/19 CLOSED - North Paddock of Wiggly Field Dog Park at Voice of America MetroParkThe North Paddock of Wiggly Field Dog Park at Voice of America MetroPark is temporarily closed due to construction, until re-opened by order of the Executive Director. Please, visit "NEWS" for more information on this closure.
2/26/19 CLOSED - Stander PreserveStander Preserve in Reily Township is closed and shall remain closed until further notice. Please, visit the "NEWS" section for more information regarding this closure.
2/6/19 CLOSED - Sycamore Bluffs PreserveEntire parcel of real property now known as Sycamore Bluffs Preserve, including parking area adjacent to Four Mile Creek, is closed to the public effective February 6, 2019, and shall remain closed until further notice due to upcoming bridge construction work by Butler County. Please, visit our "news" section for more information regarding this closure.
We offer a periodic newsletter with information about upcoming events and programs.
Create Family fun
MetroParks provides opportunities to experience open green spaces near home. Pick the time of day that fits your busy schedule to spend some time with nature. Hike a trail, wander through natural habitats, view wildlife or just play! Please consider donating to further MetroParks ability to provide these resources.