Indian Creek MetroPark
Mayer Picnic Shelter
- The Mayer Picnic Shelter is a reservable shelter which can be accessed from the 6500 Springfield Road Entrance to the park and is a great place for a special event or family picnic.
- The shelter will accommodate approximately 50 people and is equipped with 6 picnic tables and a grill, but no water or electric are provided.
- There is a large playground area and portable restroom near the shelter along with plenty of open field area.
- When reserved, there will be a “Reserved” sign on the shelter indicating that the shelter has been reserved for the day.
- Shelter reservations are daily from 8am to dusk.
- Upon departure, please leave the shelter and park area clean and all garbage placed in containers provided. (Visitors may want to bring extra trash bags.)
- All vehicles must park in designated parking spaces.
- Dogs are allowed, but must be kept on a leash, no longer than 6’ in length. Please clean up after your pets.
- NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES are permitted in the park.
- Several hiking trails are located in this park.
- Trail maps can be found on the website by selecting MetroParks – Indian Creek MetroPark.
- Fishing is permitted with a valid Ohio Fishing License.
- Use of firearms and fireworks is strictly prohibited in all areas of the park.
- Motor Vehicle Permit required. FREE to Butler County Residents. Non-Residents $5/daily or $10 annually. A Group Motor Vehicle Permit for non-Butler County residents can be purchased in advance with your reservation for $25.
2/26/19 CLOSED - Stander PreserveStander Preserve in Reily Township is closed and shall remain closed until further notice. Please, visit the "NEWS" section for more information regarding this closure.
2/6/19 CLOSED - Sycamore Bluffs PreserveEntire parcel of real property now known as Sycamore Bluffs Preserve, including parking area adjacent to Four Mile Creek, is closed to the public effective February 6, 2019, and shall remain closed until further notice due to upcoming bridge construction work by Butler County. Please, visit our "news" section for more information regarding this closure.
12/20/18 Partial Closure of Pumpkin Vine Trail of Rentschler Forest MetroParkA portion of the Pumpkin Vine Trail of Rentschler Forest MetroPark is closed to park visitors due to upcoming sewer line work by the Butler County Water and Sewer Department, effective December 20, 2018, until re-opened by the Executive Director. Please check the NEWS section of this website for more details regarding this closure.
We offer a periodic newsletter with information about upcoming events and programs.
Create Family fun
MetroParks provides opportunities to experience open green spaces near home. Pick the time of day that fits your busy schedule to spend some time with nature. Hike a trail, wander through natural habitats, view wildlife or just play! Please consider donating to further MetroParks ability to provide these resources.