Our Mission & Philosophy
The mission of MetroParks of Butler County is to provide a superior park system that maximizes the community's quality of life through conservation, education, and recreation.
- MetroParks facilities shall be clean, safe, and pleasant to visit.
- Within its mission, the MetroParks strives to contribute to the economic prosperity of the Butler County area.
- MetroParks shall endeavor to ensure that every resident of the park district is within a 15-minute drive to a MetroParks property, facility, or program. *
- Wherever possible, MetroParks shall operate like a business:
- Employing research to determine facility sustainability and market;
- Expecting a defined return on investment in high cost facilities and/or parks which have narrow public appeal;
- Engaging partners in the private and public sectors to enhance customer experiences, parks, and facilities to improve/maintain a high quality of life.
- Embracing, as a business philosophy, accountability to residents as park system customers/owners, not just visitors.
- As a political subdivision (park district) of the State of Ohio, MetroParks shall operate efficiently, transparently, and in compliance with federal and state law and regulation.
- At least 80% of all MetroParks land holdings shall be managed as Natural Landscapes.
- MetroParks Natural Landscapes shall be managed so as to increase native plant and wildlife diversity.
- MetroParks shall strive to provide park facilities and programs to a county-wide customer-owner base.
- Basic access to MetroParks greenspace and programs should be provided and maintained by public funding.
- Special limited access to MetroParks’ properties, facilities, and programs shall require user fees and/or be underwritten by sponsorship dollars.
- In general, as a County-wide or regional greenspace provider, MetroParks shall manage land holdings in locations of 100 acres or more. **
- MetroParks strives to provide high standards of comprehensive management including maintenance, programming, and safety patrol of the facilities and properties it manages.
- In order to accomplish its mission, in accordance with its established operating parameters, and subject to available financial resources, MetroParks will share expertise and local public financial resources through collaborative management of park facilities and properties owned by units of government, not-for-profits, businesses, and individuals.
* Includes parks and/or facilities owned, operated, or assisted by the MetroParks.
** Special or unique natural, scenic, historic, recreational, or educational resources, properties, or facilities of smaller size may also be appropriate for MetroParks stewardship.
Rentschler Forest Reigart Road Area Paving - 10/23-10/24/18Paving work will be taking place at Rentschler Forest MetroPark's Regiart Road Area from 10/23-10/24/18. While the park will remain open, 2 parking areas will be closed and some traffic delays may be expected. For more information and map of the areas affected please visit the News Section via the link below. https://www.yourmetroparks.net/news-alerts/article/2018/10/22/rentschler-forest-metropark-reigart-road-area-paving-work---10-23-10-24-2018
Closure of Forest Run MetroPark - Timberman Ridge Area for Trail ConstructionPlease check the NEWS section of this website for more details regarding this closure which begins August 13, 2018 until the area is re-opened by the Executive Director.
Pumpkin Vine Trail Closure - Rentschler Forest MetroPark -Reigart Road AreaDue to heavy rains, a .35 mile section of the Pumpkin Vine Trail has been washed-out , deemed unsafe for passage, and closed at the Reigart Road Area of Rentschler Forest MetroPark, located at , 5701 Reigart Road, Fairfield Township OH 45011. Barriers and signage are in place and indicate an alternate route for passage; however, until repairs have occurred this section of trail will remain closed. Thank you for your patience as MetroParks staff works to make the necessary repairs.
We offer a periodic newsletter with information about upcoming events and programs.
Create Family fun
MetroParks provides opportunities to experience open green spaces near home. Pick the time of day that fits your busy schedule to spend some time with nature. Hike a trail, wander through natural habitats, view wildlife or just play! Please consider donating to further MetroParks ability to provide these resources.